Rio Celeste & Tenorio Volcano Hike
- Book HereDescription:Book HereNotes
Hiking in Tenorio Volcano National Park
Rio Celeste is one of the most amazing places in Costa Rica. The magnificent turquoise blue waters together with all the nature that surrounds them make Rio Celeste a place to admire. Located in the outskirts of the Tenorio Volcano, this one of a kind river awes visitors from around the world with its unique beauty.
A 7 kilometer loop trail takes us through the forest, starting with the magical Rio Celeste Waterfall, the blue lagoon. The observation deck to the Tenorio Volcano offers incredible views of the volcano and its surrounding mountains. Next come two more unbelievable attractions: “Las Ollas” which are fumaroles filled with boiling mud and finally the “Teñideros” or Dyers, which is the place where the river water changes to its unique color due to a natural chemical reaction.
On the way back we will continue to walk alongside the riverbank, admiring the bubbling waters, the natural hot springs and the incredible scenery that surrounds us. The final highlight of our visit will be a delicious hot lunch, before driving back to your hotel.
- Round-trip transportation
- Naturalist Bilingual Guide
- Entrance to Volcan Tenorio National Park
- Bottled water
- Energizing Snacks
- Walking sticks
What to bring:
- Hiking shoes or sneakers
- Comfortable clothing
- Rain coat
- Insect repellent
Minimum age:8 years old
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Choose date and number of personsDate: Till: Adults: Children: 1. Child: 2. Child: 3. Child: 4. Child: Pick-up: Drop-off:
- Hiking in Tenorio Volcano National Park One day tour1One of the most amazing places in Costa Rica. The magnificent turquoise blue waters and the natural forest …Departure: Arenal / La Fortuna19.08.2019
Going to: Arenal / La Fortuna111.00 USD1 persons